15 Tips That Will Help You Find the Perfect Virginia Beach Moving Company
1. Ask your friends and family members: A great way to find a moving company in Virginia Beach that you can trust is by asking your friends and family members. Many of them have already had experience with a Virginia Beach moving company before and can point you in the right direction. On the other hand, if they have had a bad experience with a certain moving company they will be able to tell you about it so that you can avoid using them. This is very helpful information that will help guide you towards a moving company that is trustworthy and does a great job.
2. Use professional Virginia Beach apartment movers: Moving into an apartment is very different than moving into a home. Not only do you have to work around your neighbors during your move, you also have to carry furniture and heavy items upstairs in many cases. If your apartment is not on the ground floor, then your best bet is to hire a moving company that specializes in apartments. These moving companies will have both the skills and tools needed to move large heavy items up flights of stairs without issue. If you choose an apartment mover that has little to no experience moving items into an apartment, you just might buy your furniture at risk of damage.
3. Make sure they have insurance: In order to protect your items, the mover you choose needs to carry insurance. This will help replace those items that might become broken or any other damage that might occur during the move. Insurance not only covers damage items but also damage to property. Choosing apartment moving companies in Virginia Beach that do not carry insurance is a gamble at best. If something happens during the move, you could left footing the bill, and no one wants to face that. So always make sure to use a moving company that has enough liability insurance to cover anything that may go wrong.
4. Ask to see their business license: No matter what type of moving company you operate, you need to have a business license. This is a requirement on the local level and sometimes the state level. But what does being licensed actually mean? It means that the moving company is on the up and up. Any moving company that spends the time and money to become legally license shows how serious they are in the business that they do. Furthermore, a licensed moving company is required to pay taxes.
5. Avoid using craigslist: Surely you have heard the nightmare stories of people hiring people from craigslist. While many people on this website offer great services, the few bad apples can ruin the entire bunch. Scammers utilize craigslist to lure in unexpected victims and steal money and sometimes even their only items. So avoid this website when choosing professional apartment movers in Virginia Beach. Remember that it is better to be safe than sorry. Instead of using craigslist, use a website that's dedicated to the service industry. Many of these websites run background checks on moving companies and only allow the best moving companies to be listed on their site. This is a much safer place to find a moving company to work with.
6. Always ask for references: This is a big one and you always need to ask for references when dealing with a Virginia Beach moving company you know very little about. Any professional apartment mover will gladly give you this information. If the moving company you are checking out cannot provide you with references, chances are they have not been in business long and this could spell trouble for you. An inexperienced apartment mover has no business tackling something as complicated as an apartment move. Another mistake that many people make is not following up on the references given. Many people will take for granted that the people they have been referred to are a real person that has used the moving service before. So make sure to always call references and ask them about their experience with the moving company.
7. Check with the BBB: One of the best ways to check out a moving company is by checking them out on the BBB. Otherwise known as the Better Business Bureau. This online watchdog gives companies rating based on the quality of work they do. If someone has a major complaint against a moving company, you can find this information on the BBB. If the moving company fails to address the complaint in a timely manner, the BBB will give them a less than favorable rating. When a moving company makes it a habit not to respond to multiple complaints, then things are taken even further and they are given an F rating. If you notice that the moving company you are checking out has an F rating, it will be a wise move to find someone else to do business with.
8. Shop around before you decide: Before settling on a moving company, always make sure to shop around. Prices in the moving industry can vary widely from company to company. Apartment movers all have their own prices and some might be cheaper than others. So make sure to look for the best price possible. But remember you get what you pay for. If you find a moving company that is a lot cheaper than all the others you have checked out, then something might not be right. When prices are drastically cheaper, chances are you will not be getting the quality service you expect. So avoid those apartment moving companies with rock bottom prices. This will help protect you in the long run and probably even save you money. To save even more money while moving, you may also want to ask local retail stores if they have any boxes that you can have. This will help reduce the cost of packing and many stores would be happy to give them to you.
9. Get everything in writing: Before a single box is moved, you need to have a contract drawn up and signed by both you and the Virginia Beach moving company. Make sure that all the details of the move are drawn up in the contract as well as the price. This will help protect you from any hidden fees that often comes with work that is done without a contract. Once anything is in clear written terms, you can then allow your movers to proceed with work. Any reputable Virginia Beach company will already have a contract written out for you that explains in detail what they will be charging you. On the other hand, if a moving company refuses to sign a contract it should send a red flag up alarming you to avoid them at all cost.
10. Ask about packing help: Many moving companies will charge extra for packing. So if you are going to need help with packing, it’s a wise move to find out how much it is going to cost. While packing is normally charged by the hour, you might be able to get the cost of packing included in the total price. This will help save you money and time.
11. Check out online reviews: A great way to find out more about a moving company and to see what kind of work they have done in the past is by reading online reviews. Many of these reviews are written by those who are either happy with the moving company or upset about the services they have received. While you need to keep in mind that not everyone is easy to please, if you notice a large number of negative reviews by completely different people, then you should avoid hiring that certain moving company. On the other hand, if you notice tons of positive reviews, chances are you too will have a good experience with the moving company.
12. Can they work around your schedule: Sometimes we have to move quickly and unexpectedly. When this happens, finding an apartment moving company to work around your schedule can be a difficult task. In the summer months, this can be even more difficult because this the is peak moving season. Many apartment moving companies are booked solid during these months and finding someone to help you with your move can be almost impossible if you do not plan ahead. So if you are faced with a quicker than you expected move, make sure to discuss your problem with the apartment moving company you are interviewing. While some will be able to work with you, others will not.
13. Are they active in the community: Many times apartment moving companies in Virginia Beach that are looking to better the community they are a part of will give back. A great sign that you are dealing with a socially responsible Virginia Beach moving company is when you find out about their good deeds for the community like donating time or money to local non-profit organizations. This good acts suggests that the moving company cares for the people that they serve and the Virginia Beach community as a whole. So check out what community activities the moving company of your choice has been a part of.
14. Ask them what protective measure do they take: All of your items are probably precious to you. Even if they might not be valuable money wise, many of the things we own have some sentimental value. When these things get damaged during a move, they can really make us down in the dumps. So instead of having your items destroyed, why not do something proactive to protect them? Before any move takes place, make sure to ask the apartment moving company of your choice about the types of protective measures they take. Most responsible movers will wrap all of your furniture in protective blankets. Also, if you are having your apartment movers pack for you, make sure that they use bubble wrap on all your breakables. While newspaper can be used in packing, bubble wrap is a much better packing material.
15. Do they measure in advance: In order to make the moving process go much smoother, many Virginia Beach moving companies will ask if they can measure doorways, hallways, and elevators. This will give them a better idea of what to expect on moving day. Any issues where furniture might not fit can also be planned ahead for. Not all moving companies offer this service, but it’s a good idea to choose one that does especially if you have a lot of large items to move.
Put What You Have Learned to Go Use
Now that you have learned some valuable information on how to find a great apartment moving company, it’s time to put what you have learned into practice. Remember to always ask for references before hiring an apartment mover in Virginia Beach, and never allow any work to begin before you get the price in writing. This will help protect you and your belongings. Also, remember to hire only professional apartment movers so that your experience is going to be a good one. Make sure that you check out online reviews and check with the BBB to see if the professional moving company you choose is on the up and up. So if you have to move in the near future, why not get started putting these tips to work right away? By following these 15 simple tips, you will feel less stressed and you will find a moving company that you can trust.
Southside Moving and Storage
1533 Harpers Rd.
Virginia Beach, Va. 23454
757-985-3737 or 757-234-7080
Proudly serving All of Hampton Roads Virginia, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Richmond, Chesterfield, Chester, Henrico, Ashland, Hanover, Mechanicsville, New Kent, Powhaton, Hopewell, Beach movers, Chesapeake apartment moving company, Suffolk Virginia, Hampton movers, Hampton Roads, Buckroe Beach, Aberdeen Gardens, Newport News, Williamsburg Virginia, Portsmouth, Franklin, Isle of Wight, Surry, Smithfield, Oceana, Damneck Virginia Beach, Seaford, Little Creek, Ocean View, Toano, Gloucester Va., Fort Story, Fort Eustis, Langley AFB, Jamestown, Hayes, Doswell, Glen Allen, Goochland, New Kent, Isle of Wight County,