When it comes to relocating your office, you have many factors to consider, which may be the determinant of whether or not your office relocation will be a success. It is worth noting that this is not something that you can decide overnight and you get into moving. You should efficiently crosscheck issues of the best moving company to work with, what needs to be relocated and the costs. Besides, you need to cooperate closely with your office movers, and all other involved parties.
If you are planning to move your office but do not know where to start, this guideline is all you need.
Things to consider when relocating your office
This is the best part to begin with, identifying what needs attention, even before setting out to the actual moving. You should check such issues as the availability of power, space and connectivity infrastructure before moving your office. This is very crucial, especially in the case of government office relocation, keeping in mind that such office is always busy.
● Power and cooling system are among the most significant considerations in your relocation checklist. Such essential equipment as computers, monitors, servers and others are necessary in office. The prospective building you are moving into should be capable of sustaining your technological equipment power needs. The issue of requires prior confirmation, since it is not something you can sort out so fast, in case there happens to be deficiencies once you have already moved in.
● Access to network services is relevant, as communication is imperative for any office to run smoothly, and nowadays most of the communication is depended on the internet. This necessity is what makes available of connectivity a must in considering the destination for your office relocation. Using this connectivity, you can establish physical security through video surveillance and alarm monitoring besides the communication purpose.
● Physical space is another inevitable concern; depending on how many employees or equipment you have or need to move with, especially considering that, they will require similar or larger space. The building you are moving should be spacious enough to accommodate all your installations and leave sufficient space for moving up and down on daily operations. If the area will end up squeezed after you install your equipment, then you had better look for another viable building.
Preparing for an office move
After ensuring that your prospective office location is suitable, it is time to get ready for the move. This can be the hardest part of the whole process and needs working together in almost every single aspect.
● Call in pros to help, as planning by amateurs usually leads to flaws in office moving. It is therefore very important to call in an expert who can guide you through the preparation process, especially in deciding over sensitive issues. Architects and designers are a good option to go to, since they know what you will require, and can make almost accurate assessments.
● Be ready for challenges, since relocating an office is one of the complicated things you can manage or be part of in the corporate field. As much as you will strive to make things work out smoothly, there will always be difficulties in more than one instance, not to mention the hard reality that there will be those who will not be comfortable with the outcome. It is, therefore, important to be prepared for such hurdles, and most importantly handle them in the best positive way possible.
● Communication is vital because you need to be as open as possible to your employees and any other person who is involved in the process, or will be affected in one way or the other. Failure to communicate effectively may lead to misconceptions, as others try to figure out what is happening and what is the possible outcome. Lack of appropriate communication can also be risky, leading to drag in the process, or some aspects remaining unattended.
What you need to know about your office movers
Getting sufficient information on any issue that is not clear comes first. This means every fact about the office movers you are working with that may be necessary either legally or in accordance to your working together.
● Legal issues such as licensure need to be discussed effectively to avert getting into responsibilities you would rather not handle, at least not because of the contract, or worst, ending up in losses you cannot recover. Besides, you also need to be well informed concerning issues of the cancellation policy, in case the need to cancel or postpone the move. Another issue to get clear is how qualified your office movers and their staff are, and if they have permanent or contract employees.
● Costs are yet another aspect you cannot afford to ignore. Ask anything you need to know about their charges and the payment options that they offer as well as any other payment terms and conditions that apply.
● Suggestions that the office movers may have on making the whole process easier may also be very useful, so you can inquire about their take on the options and decisions you have and if they think there is a way you can tailor the plans for better results.
What matters in employee relocation?
If you are relocating to another town or country, you may have to move with your employees too, since recruiting new staff may not be the wisest option available. When it comes to employee relocation, several issues need important consideration too.
● Employee education comes in very handy, in helping them be comfortable with such matters as the fundamentals of moving, insurance coverage, shipment, spread, and dates among others. It is also important to let them know about how their relocation will affect their convenience and the consideration given to that effect.
● Communication is also vital to help your employees cope with the changes and keep in touch to know what challenges they may have that need attention. Offering assistance and updates are crucial, not to mention the need to sort out small issues before they develop into serious problems.
● Post-move follow-up is also a necessity you should look into, to ensure your employees are well settled and everything is working correctly. The reason this is important is that if an employee is having issues back home following the relocation, which may compromise their productivity at work. Your office relocation assistance may shoulder these responsibilities. It is usually in their line of duty to do educate the employees and keep communicating with them even after fully relocating to ensure that everything is in place.
Office relocation is a demanding task to embark on, but in case, if you have to, then you should be ready. However, this does not necessarily have to be that intimidating. All you need is to prepare enough, communicate well with all concerned parties and ensure you work with a reliable office moving assistance. In looking for the viable office mover, you can always do research, check reviews and recommendations and dig deeper to know how experienced they are in the field.
Once you get everything right, the whole process goes on quite seamlessly and easy. Nevertheless, very important noting is the fact that this is a costly move, and thus requires proper consideration and execution of every single aspect to ensure you cut on the costs as much as possible.
Southside Moving and Storage
1533 Harpers Rd. Virginia Beach, Va. 23454
757-985-3737 or 757-234-7080
Proudly serving All of Hampton Roads Virginia, Virginia Beach Va, Oceanna, Indian River, Chesapeake, Richmond, Chesterfield, Chester, Henrico, Ashland, Hanover, Mechanicsville, New Kent, Powhaton, Hopewell, Virginia Beach movers, Chesapeake, Kempsville, Suffolk Virginia, Hampton, Hampton Roads, Buckroe Beach, Aberdeen Gardens, Newport News, Williamsburg Virginia, Portsmouth, Franklin, Isle of Wight, Surry, Smithfield, Oceana, Damneck Virginia Beach, Seaford, Little Creek, Ocean View, Toano, Gloucester Va., Fort Story, Fort Eustis, Langley AFB, Jamestown, Hayes, Doswell, Glen Allen Va, Goochland, New Kent, Isle of Wight County,